20 TIPS FOR GETTING THE BEST POSSIBLE ODDS
The aim of the Fair Odds Recording methodologies at Winning Edge Investments is for every member to beat the price recorded in official outcomes, or at the very least fit them.
Below is a summary of the top 20 ways to get the best possible odds, and exceed official outcomes:
1) Utilize Dynamic Odds (or other odds comparison websites)
One of the major factors – if not the major factor – in gambling profitably is always striving to have the absolute best deal possible.
Once all of the work is done and you’re onto a good thing, there is no bigger’own goal’ than taking a poor price. It takes the same amount of time and effort to place the bet, yet you get paid (sometimes substantially) less.
When you are after any of our services, it’s crucial that you aim to get the lowest deals possible. There is no point going into the one bookie and only taking their price if others are paying greater.
Take yourself back into the old-school betting ring in the monitor…you wouldn’t get it done! You would constantly search for the best price and zero in on this bookie.
Thankfully, odds comparison sites allow you to replicate that if betting online. Rather than having to make your way across all the various bookies’ sites or apps, odds comparison sites permit you to just pick your race or sporting event and watch numerous bookies’ costs side-by-side.
There is a couple of odds comparison choices out there. In our view, the best one available is Dynamic Odds. Click the hyperlink and we’ve organised an exclusive 4-week free trial for you. It is an easy-to-use and readily comprehensible item. You can choose which bookies to show on screen, there is a mountain of alternatives and tools, and best of all, you can sign into all your bookie account through the program and simply wager from Dynamic Odds with the click of a button. Click that cost you want, enter your stake, and you are on. It is quick and dead-simple to use and ensures that you always find the best price of each of the bookies.
If you aren’t using Dynamic Odds you’re costing yourself a fortune in additional gains. It amazes us that there are still members reporting that they are still not utilising this tool. A small punter working full-time will improve their profits considerably with Dynamic Odds. You can check and compare prices together with your own bookies quickly on your laptop or cellular phone, and even place bets through your cellphone with your entire bookies employing the lively odds mobile edition. This is a lot faster and more powerful than betting through each bookie program or website individually. Do not forget clicking our link provides you with a 4-week free trial, so in the event that you haven’t attempted it yet, get onto it now. The superior version only costs $35 per month. For the excess money you will earn by being able to easily take much better prices, that’s an absolute bargain. Trust us, it is well worth every cent.
2) Have lots of bookmaker accounts
The fundamental rule with bookmakers is to gain access to as many as possible, as it provides you a better chance of always being able to bet the very best price. Take your betting bank and spread it around as many bookmaker accounts as possible. It’s much better to have your own bankroll evenly divide across 10bookmaker balances than all sitting one.
There is a lot of alternatives out there in regards to bookies. Our suggestions, in order of importance/benefit are as follows:
Betfair, Bet365, Vicbet, TopSport, Sportsbet, Sportsbetting, NSW Tab, VIC Tab, Ubet, BlueBet,Ladbrokes, Neds, BetEasy, TopBetta, David Dwyer, Betstar, Bookmaker, Tabtouch, Best Bookies, Unibet, Palmerbet & Classicbet.
3) Bookies using a buffer
If you haven’t got an account with Bet365, then make certain you get one instantly. Bet365 routinely offer the most effective early prices on hurrying, and moreover offer an SP warranty. Bet365 cover best of fixed price or SP, whichever is greater. It may be worth at times taking a lower fixed price to secure the potential advantage of’ramble protection’. Whilst that is often a good option, best bag or Betfair SP will normally outperform SP on any drifter. Taking early prices with Bet365 will give you the opportunity to transcend official results, together with the SP buffer accessible if the horse does drift. Bet365 are well known for banning winning punters, but with NSW and Vic now having minimal bet legislation in place, Bet365 is back in the picture for everyone. Use them where their cost is above or close to the 3rd best fixed price in the e-mail as there’s an SP buffer (as long as you aren’t restricted from this merchandise ).
Betfair routinely offer the best possibilities available in the market for horse racing, particularly during the last 15 minutes of gambling.
Usually Betfair gets one of the best odds on horses drifting in the market, and on horses in big (double figure) prices. It’s a must have.
We can write an informative article on the costs available on Betfair on a few of our winners, but a couple of illustrations from Dean’s Tips are below. As you can see, at all spectrums of the market you can get great prices on Betfair even just at Betfair SP:
??? Emmadee: Official $101, $260 Betfair SP (earned out to $560 on Betfair in gambling )
??? Balrov: Official $23, $60 Betfair SP (got out to $120 on Betfair in gambling )
??? Time And Truth: Official $23, $80 Betfair SP (got out to $140 on Betfair in betting)
??? Fish Bones Fry: Official $34, $60 Betfair SP (earned out to $90 on Betfair in betting)
??? Shazee Lee: Official $56, $100 Betfair SP (got out to $110 on Betfair in betting)
BOB stands for Best of the Best. This is a great product that provides you with the best of 3 bags or Leading Fluctuation (note Top Fluctuation is calculated from 25 minutes before race start time – not from the opening cost ).
Vicbet provide BOB for all races across Australia, seven days per week. TopSport provide it for Saturday Metro meetings, as do Ladbrokes/Bookmaker/Betstar. David Dwyer offers it for all Sydney metro meetings including midweek. BOB is usually better for horses at single figure chances, and BFSP (Betfair SP) better for horses in double figure odds.
6) Additional late betting stake on large drifters
1 chance to think about is increasing your stake on a dramatic drifter.
The Kelly Criterion (widely considered the ideal formula to use to ascertain the optimal size of a bet), indicates that to maximise long-term gains and create a greater advantage, the more you need to bet. So, for instance if you speed a horse a 3 chance and could get $7 at the current market, you should bet MORE than if you could obtain $5 at the marketplace.
This theorem is why we recommend having another bet at our runners in the event the purchase price drifts to around 50% or more over the recommended price.
Some reasons that horses ramble dramatically on Betfair comprise;
??? Wide gate ??? High weight
??? Poor run last start or poor recent form
??? Low-rated trainer or jockey
??? First-up and not favoured
??? A sexy, heavily-backed favorite in the race
These motives have been evaluated and considered by our expert professional analysts – drifters shouldn’t concern you in several instances.
If you lock at an early cost and then the horse drifts significantly (close to 50 percent or more), then it is certainly worth backing again on Betfair to receive your ordinary cost up, to exceed official outcomes. There have been plenty of significant drifters which have won at odds far greater than official prices. It is simply about accepting extra advantage when a person drifts.
7) Get on track It is becoming well reported that top prices available on track in the racecourses are well above those reported during the Official Costs (which need a ridiculous 6 bookmakers to all have the cost for the fluctuation to be contained ). Heading to the monitor to bet can get you better deals than available on the web.
8) Other bookies not contemplated in opening fixed prices Many bookies such as Unibet, Palmerbet, Betting.Club, Betstar, Bookmaker, Neds, Classicbet, Pointsbet & Madbookie are not contained when saying the 3rd best fixed price. You can frequently get larger fixed odds using these bookies.
9) Bookies not on Dynamic Odds
A huge proportion of members bet utilizing Dynamic Odds, and choose the best available prices from this assortment of bookies. As a result, there are numerous bookies whose costs aren’t shown on Dynamic Odds. They’re also not regarded as official results or gambling information.
However, many members do bet with these bookies, and often find they get greater prices than principal bookies. Another bonus is that as these bookies are lesser known & not on Dynamic Odds, their rates are often available a lot more. Should you happen to miss a historical price, it is worth looking at these bookies to see whether the price may have held, as they often do hold much longer than the bookies on Dynamic Odds.
Options include: Betting.Club, Palmerbet, Madbookie & Pointsbet.
10) Horses drifting to greater prices than quoted before awake sent
This really happens fairly often. By the time the alert is sent, often a horse has drifted out to prices greater than stated, but nevertheless that stated price is recorded. For example, there was one occasion where a horse had been advised at $3.20 when the e-mail had been sent, but was 4.40 about a minute later.The $3.20 cost was listed for this winner.
11) Bookies offering better prices than quoted after awake sent
There are in reality occasions where stakes are shipped, but there’s still 1 or 2 bookies who haven’t put up costs yet. Though early costs have been crunched, frequently these bookies will post their analyst’s initial rates. There was an occasion where we supported a horse out of $21 into $11, and then 1 or 2 bookies opened 15 minutes later at $21. Those costs frequently sit there for some time as most members have placed their bets.
12) Tracking and betting late when market percentages are lower and more in your favour When we advise carrying a price with Greatest Tote/SP, Best Fluc, Betfair SP or BOB, which indicates we believe the horse will probably drift from its current fixed cost in gambling.
Bets for most horse racing services are shipped normally between 9am and 11am, however, the market percentages are bigger at these times. Whilst we often acquire outstanding prices on horses that were mispriced and company, on most occasions natural betting movements mean the prices drift out towards beginning time as the bookies begin to compete along with the marketplace percentages reduce.
This means frequently a horse drifts back out, but then gets backed again very late by big players. So, even though the starting price could be close to or lower than the early price, the horse has been much larger odds during gambling.
Below are 3 examples that spring to mind, but these Kinds of market moves are trivial:
??? Delagos: totaled $11, drifted out to $31 with corporatebookies and $30 Betfair only prior to the beginning, but only paid $15 SP
??? Maccy Fields: Opened $8.50, drifted out to $14 Betfair, firmed back into $8.50 SP
??? Zerprise Journey: Opened $4.20, drifted out to $6.60 in betting on Betfair, and then firmed back into $4.10 Best Tote/SP
13) Not betting if a horse has become over wager Many times a horse gets’over bet’ and backed down to a ridiculous, shortprice, particularly at the shorter end of the marketplace. You may choose to simply not wager when the value isn’t there, or so the horse is beneath the rated/minimum price counseled – that will save units in the long run and avoids taking’unders’. You can even set a minimum price on Betfair SP so you don’t ever take beneath the minimum price you put / we advise.
14) Putting back a runner Betfair if the horse is now’overbet’
Some wise members put back runners who firm radically. This permits them to efficiently have a’free wager’ on a runner, or also guarantee a profit regardless of if a horse wins or not. This grants a few members the chance to substantially reduce variance and bet reasonably risk free, particularly when financing runners expected to business dramatically when informed by the specialist. Greyhound Expert & John’s Analytics are just two services where this can be extremely successful as all stakes are advised to be endorsed at fixed odds once the email is sent, and the vast majority of bets company in the marketplace.
15) Metro/City v Country/Provincial
Bargains on runners for Metro/City races are much lessinfluenced when stakes are published than Country/Provincial races where they may be impacted. For Metro/City races (the major raceday in each state generally on a Saturday and Wednesday), three good options are either betting through Bet365 when you’ve got the SP guarantee, using a Best of the ideal merchandise (highest of Best Tote and Top Fluc) provided by manydifferent bookies such as Vicbet, or again Betfair is your friend on Metro races too with amazing rates and liquidity accessible throughout betting, even though just using the Betfair SP tool.
Note the standard tracks for Metro/City racing are:
??? NSW: Randwick, Rosehill, Warwick Farm and Canterbury
??? VIC: Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley, Sandown Hillside and Sandown Lakeside
??? QLD: Eagle Farm and Doomben
??? SA: Morphettville and Morphettville Parks
??? WA: Ascot and Belmont
For Provincial & Country racing, choosing a number of the greater fixed prices available at the time stakes are sent is a fantastic strategy, however if you can monitor costs even only on a few days such as weekends, then you will find through a combination of corporate bookies, Betfair and bags you will get excellent prices above those listed.
16) Consider the unit bets The advised unit stakes are an excellent guide on if to bet late or early on choices. According to your experience with a service, or evaluation of the prior results, you can determine the typical quantity. For most services the’standard’ amount the expert aims to accumulate on a win bet isaround 5 units. If that is true and the ceremony backs a horse for 1 unit to acquire, and the horse is chances of 5, that is about regular as a good bet. If the horse is chances of $10, then we stand to collect 10u when the horse wins, then that is a high confidence bet. This horse will frequently firm in gambling. If the horse is chances of 2 we stand to collect 2u, so this is reduced confidence, or possibly just a’saver’ bet. This horse will often float in betting. So utilizing the sum to be accumulated, with 5u (or the typical collect) as the’barometer’, can be a reasonable indication of whether a horse will either company or drift, especially in the extreme ends of the spectrum. This could help you decide whether to back the horse ancient at a predetermined cost, or take a late gambling option such as BFSP/BOB/BTSPif unable to track. An illustration was a horse called Flash Boy in Bendigo. Advised 0.5w however accessible market price was only $5. Given that’s only a 2.5u win collect, locking in an early fixed price wasn’t the thing to do. Individuals who endorsed it with Bet365 got $9 SP, BTSP paid $10.90, BFSP $13, and last matched Betfair cost was $14.50. 1 question that’s asked is when if a bet not be placed if the value has gone? Generally, advised bets should be placed, however, the best way to describe is with extreme cases. Firstly, let’s say weadvise 1u to win on a horse at $31 for a 31u amass. In the event you back it if you miss early rates and it companies to $10? The solution is yes, because the 1u investment nevertheless stands to collect 10u and that is still a significant collect and a big profit. The important firming suggests how incorrect the first market price has been, but how much you stand to collect suggests that the horse remains a value bet. If I counsel 0.1u on a horse at $31, and it firms to $10 until you have bet, well then you simply stand to collect 1u if it wins backing it $10, well below what you would normally expect to collect to a winner with all the service, which means you might give this horse a miss long term there’s very little worth to be had taking unders on those runners. A better example is when a service advises 1u to triumph at a horse at $5, and it companies to $2 before you’ve placed you wager. Again the initial collect was 5u, but today using a 1u investment on a 2u accumulate, this no longer would be a worthwhile investment. It is an art, not a science, and ultimately your decision, however, the above can help lead you towards when to bet late or early (or maybe not at all in rarer instances).
17) One suggestion in a race multiple bets in a race
When there is 1 wager in a race, there is more likelihood of this runner firming (especially if the anticipated win bet collect is anything over 4u). Whenever there are 2 bets in a rush, it’s often the case that you companies and one drifts. However when there are multiple bets at a race (3 or more), it’s quite rare they will all company. Usually maybe 1 companies as well as the rest drift, or they will float. The sole exception is if we sharply reunite 3 runners at large odds to beat a short priced favourite. If the short favourite drifts, others could firm, but it might go the other way. Again, the aggressiveness of this staking will steer you on whether to wager late or early. But the more horses backed, the more that locking in adjusted early prices without an SP buffer ought to be avoided unless the collect is above 5u. When there are numerous runners in a hurry it is often a fantastic opportunity to monitor or use BOB/BFSP/BTSP.
18) Don’t worry about always getting the best possible price each time
It is not possible, or even required. All of our services are highly lucrative, with results readily attained by following the information included here. Constant improvement on your betting practices will mean continuous improvement in your long-term outcomes, and that’s the key to long term success with your gambling. Have a couple of minutes outside daily (or only once every now & then) to review the flucs & closing costs available of runners we back using lively odds & you will shortly open your eyes to the possible opportunities.
19) Change your mindset: Don’t suffer from FOMO (Stress Of Missing Out)
As a rule of thumb, many punters suffer from FOMO. They take a fixed price on most occasions. The market has changed dramatically and marketplace percentages in early markets have continued to change upwards to frequently 130%-135%, which is very significant. Taking premature fixed costs can be problematic also if there are scratchings, where significant deductions could be applied, further reducing your final dividend. A mindset shift for many is vital. Realising that the Betfair market close to race start time gets down to around 102 percent, and also waiting and attempting to monitor costs and bet late will lead to better overall results for people willing to spend the time.
20) Don’t be lazy, and stop making excuses
Whilst we understand most members have jobs, the reality is a massive proportion of stakes are sent on weekends, or outside ordinary working hours. For all members, there’ll be periods where they are not working, and it’s at those times where members should look to exceed official results by tracking and putting bets late rather than betting using Fixed or Greatest Tote/BOB/BFSP type choices. Like most things in life, the more effort you put in, the better the result will be. Also like most items, the more you practice something, the more you become. In this day & age with smartphones, bookmaker apps & Dynamic Odds, etc, comparing costs and placing bets in the best odds has never been simpler & accessible. Invest intelligently, don’t be lazy, put a little effort in, and don’t lose out on the even larger profits you could easily be achieving.
Read more: overtimesportsnation.com
Comments are closed